Your Body Speaks - Are You Listening?

Your Body Speaks - Are You Listening?

Saturday, June 5, 2010

RUBENFELD SYNERGY METHOD® - Can We Talk - What Your Body Would Say If It Could Speak

The Rubenfeld Synergy Method®, “What‟s that?‟”, wondered Kathy C.* when she first met a “Rubenfeld Synergist” at a women‟s workshop. The name may have sounded unfamiliar, perhaps even a little intimidating. But as most people who try the Rubenfeld Synergy Method® soon find out, this unique talk/touch method is anything but complicated or daunting. In fact, it‟s arguably one of today‟s most gentle and effective ways of relieving stress, anxiety, aches, and pains in today‟s society — which misconstrues “no pain” with “no gain”.


Here is what Kathy* had to say when she finally decided to give the Rubenfeld Synergy Method® a try: “For about a week, I was experiencing aches in my shoulders that I thought were just sore muscles from sleeping badly. But they persisted for several days even after taking ibuprofen. So, I figured...why not give Rubenfeld Synergy a try. I had no idea what to expect. But when I got there, the synergist‟s office was very comfortable. She put me at ease on a massage-type table, and right away I started to feel more relaxed. I was surprised when she started my session by putting her hands gently on my feet. She asked permission each time she switched positions to different body parts and I agreed. As she touched each area gently, she asked me questions about how I was feeling and what I was experiencing. It didn‟t even occur to me that she hadn‟t touched my shoulders at all. But it didn‟t matter. My shoulders started to relax as I found myself telling her about the things that I‟d been „shouldering‟ in my life. I had no idea I would be discussing this, but it was true...I‟d been feeling overwhelmed and off balance at work and in my relationships; and it felt like I was carrying the “mother load” around with me. By the time we were done, I had a strange urge to start moving my body like I used to when I had more free time to go dancing. So that‟s what I did later that evening! The shoulder aches were totally gone. No drugs, no physical therapy, no psychiatric counseling. I didn‟t need to change my mattress or quit my job. I just understood that I absolutely had to make more free time for me. I can‟t believe how one session made such a huge difference! I don‟t really know how it works, but it does.”

The Rubenfeld Synergy Method® combines an effective systematic use of touch and talk to allow the body to speak for itself. It starts with the premise that the body already knows what it want and needs. Rubenfeld Synergy recognizes that the mind and body are connected and together they contain tremendous insights. A trained Rubenfeld Synergist facilitates the body‟s ability to open up, “explain itself” and reveal the hidden sources of discomfort as well as the solutions to ease, comfort and wellness. Without drugs or invasive procedures, Rubenfeld Synergy offers a safe, gentle effective way to approach healing and overall wellbeing. It activates the body‟s own internal wisdom.

*Client‟s name was changed to protect confidentiality

For more information, visit http://www.bodywhisperer1.com/ or http://www.vastwellnesscenter.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment